Chief Executive Officer
Steve founded and launched HCAP in November 2008 – and has worked in financial markets for over 29 years. With extensive experience across high yield funds, property development and property risk management, Steve is a noted specialist. Steve has deep experience in asset selection, portfolio construction and risk management disciplines.
Previous (and current) roles include:
- Co-founder and Chairman of Australasian Property Partners (www.auspp.com) 2011 to present, Sydney.
- Co-founded Basis Capital and was responsible for leading the Asian business, primarily focusing on managing its Asian high yield fund (1999 – 2008), Sydney.
- Director & Head of Asia Pacific Capital Markets Trading for American Express Bank (1996-99), Singapore.
- Director of Regional Fixed Income and Arbitrage for Cargill Financial Products (1994-96), Singapore.
- Director and Head of Derivatives Trading at County NatWest Capital Markets (1988-94), Sydney.
- Manager of the arbitrage division across FX, Swaps, FRA’s, Futures at Australian Bank (1984-88), Sydney.
- Master of Applied Finance (Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia).
- Bachelor of Business (University of Technology, Sydney, Australia).
CFA (M.App.Fin., M.Man.)
Head of Risk and Research
Rastislav joined HCAP Asset Management in December 2008, as Head of Risk and Research. Rastislav has designed and created database screening and analytical tools to aid the investment process for funds management and property development, including a proprietary database information system for portfolio monitoring and risk management.
Rastislav also designed and built online database systems to simplify and automate development pre-sale process of HCAP’s development projects. This includes status monitoring and reporting.
Previous roles include:
- Senior Portfolio Quant Analyst at Basis Capital (2006-2008, Sydney, Australia).
- Analyst and Trader at Palco Brokers (2004-2005, Bratislava, Slovakia).
- Operations Manager at Parcus Asset Management (2003-2004, Bratislava, Slovakia).
- Head of Clearing and Settlement at Palco Brokers (2001-2003, Bratislava, Slovakia).
- EDP Associate at ING Bank (1999-2000, Bratislava, Slovakia).
- Chartered Financial Analyst (2009, CFA Institute, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA).
- Master of Applied Finance (2005, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia).
- Master of Management (2001, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia).